Trainee Digital News Reporter
GloucestershireLive is seeking to recruit a motivated and talented trainee reporter to join our team covering an incredibly diverse and stunning county in the beautiful West Country.
The successful candidate will write content for gloucestershirelive.co.uk, with their stories also going in the Citizen and Echo newspapers, covering Gloucester, Stroud, Cheltenham, Cotswolds and Forest of Dean.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity where you would be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Provide live coverage of news events for live blogs
- Shoot video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs
- Source third-party and social content
- Use search analytics to identify digital audience and content trends
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
- Be adept on social media to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification
- Understanding of all the storytelling requirements of a digital newsroom.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Brilliant ideas for engaging and shareable content
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
- Experience shooting and editing video
- Full driving licence
In addition to a competitive salary and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.