Media Scotland, part of Trinity Mirror plc is seeking to recruit a talented Trainee Reporter brimming with ideas to join the busy Perth newsroom. You will be ambitious, with a drive to deliver great content and generate excellent ideas for two well-regarded local newspapers, the Blairgowrie Advertiser and the Stratheam Herald.
Media Scotland is Scotland’s largest print and digital publisher. The company comprises iconic and multi-award- winning national news brands, the Daily Record and the Sunday Mail; a market-leading portfolio of 17 local newspapers from Dumfries to Perthshire; our authoritative Business Insider magazine; a successful and growing events division and many market-leading commercial websites.
- Creating compelling local content that is unique to the publications and which will drive outstanding engagement, building a community both online and in print
- Implementing creative new ideas that will get your audience talking
- Taking a ‘right first time’ approach to all content and having a conscientious attitude to accuracy
- Demonstrating a variety of ways to tell stories
- Building good working relationships with people from all walks of life
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll ideally hold an NCTJ journalism pre-entry qualification or equivalent
- Have a drive to deliver inspiring content that will engage well with your audience
- Possess a full clean driving licence with access to your own vehicle
- Flexible approach to working hours to suit the business needs
- Good knowledge of the area would be an advantage, along with an eye for a good photograph
Trinity Mirror plc has competitive benefits portfolio which includes:
A competitive salary
Flexible benefits portfolio