Trinity Mirror plc are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Trainee Reporter to research, write and share high-quality, original news content for their Get Surrey/The Surrey Advertiser Newspapers
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity where you would be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror PLC is one of the UK's largest multimedia publishers, with an award winning portfolio of five national and 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
At Trinity Mirror Regionals, we are digital first and audience-focused. Our journalists and titles consistently win awards for agenda-setting news and innovative storytelling, allowing readers to explore information via bespoke digital tools or live blogging and video to cover breaking news and sport. We are experts at using social media and pride ourselves on the digital training and development available to our journalists.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content.
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience.
- Provide live coverage of news events for live blogs.
- Shoot video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs.
- Source third-party and social content.
- Use search analytics to identify a digital audience and content trends.
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities.
- Be adept at social media to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms.
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate
- You'll have a NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification.
- Understanding of all the storytelling requirements of a digital newsroom.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Brilliant ideas for engaging and shareable content.
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
- Experience shooting and editing video.
- Full driving licence.
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package, which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary, generous holiday package, and a competitive pension along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.