Trinity Mirror plc is looking for a talented and enthusiastic trainee reporter to research, write and share high-quality, original news content for the Essex Live website and the Essex Chronicle, Brentwood Gazette and Harlow Star newspapers.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity where you would be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
- Delivering high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content.
- Writing content in a way which engages and drives digital audience.
- Providing live coverage of news events for live blogs.
- Shooting video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs.
- Sourcing third-party and social content.
- Using search analytics to identify a digital audience and content trends.
- Building strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities.
- Being adept at social media to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines.
- Have a NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification.
- Understand of all the storytelling requirements of a digital newsroom.
- Have Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Be able to demonstrate brilliant ideas for engaging and shareable content.
- Be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
- Enjoy shooting and editing video
- Possess a full driving licence
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.