The Surrey Advertiser and Get Surrey, part of Trinity Mirror, plc are seeking to recruit a talented Trainee Reporter to join the busy Guildford newsroom. You will be ambitious, with a drive to deliver great content and generate excellent ideas for the weekly newspapers and Get Surrey website as you progress towards your senior qualification.
- Creating compelling local content that is unique to the publications and which will drive outstanding engagement, building a community both online and in print
- Implementing creative new ideas that will get your audience talking
- Taking a ‘right first time’ approach to all content and having a conscientious attitude to accuracy
- Demonstrating a variety of ways to tell stories
- Building good working relationships with people from all walks of life
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll ideally hold an NCTJ journalism pre-entry qualification or equivalent
- Have a drive to deliver inspiring content that will engage well with your audience
- Possess a full clean driving licence with access to your own vehicle
- Be able to work on a seven-day rota, ensuring the best news coverage for the county
- A good knowledge of the area would be an advantage, along with an eye for a good photograph
In addition to a salary of £20,000 pa and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.