Trends Writer East Midlands
We are looking for a Trends Writer to join our East Midlands Digital Development Unit (DDU).
The DDU provides compelling and useful content to our audience through three of the UK's biggest regional news organisations the Leicester Mercury, Derby Telegraph and Nottingham Post.
If you're the sort of person who knows what people are talking about before it trends on social media or are fascinated by what people search for in Google then this job could be for you.
Location: Leicester, although you will be expected to travel to our Nottingham and Derby offices when required
About the Company
Trinity Mirror plc, has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UKs largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
This role would be ideally suited for a self-motivated individual with experience in a similar environment. You will have proven experience of working on SEO campaigns that have delivered tangible results, working knowledge of Google Analytics or other Web Analytics packages.
- Maximise opportunities for audience engagement and interaction
- Have an understanding of analytics and search trends, and organise content responsively
- Have a working knowledge of SEO, and experience writing content to appeal to search engines
- Be aware of and appreciate how people use the internet to find information
- Use audience tools to produce content with clear trending search and social - opportunities
- Assist with long-term planning and produce content ahead of major events
- Write about multiple topics and stories across the day, where audience determines
- Pitch your own ideas in line with our brands
- Take direction from the DDU Editor and Deputy DDU Editor over content creation and scheduling
The Ideal Candidate
You will demonstrate an excellent understanding of SEO techniques and use these to identify the digital audience and content trends to drive audience. Experience writing for a digital audience would be preferable, along with an understanding of the major social media platforms.
We expect our staff to maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation and Trinity Mirrors editorial and company policies, and ensuring these standards are upheld across the newsroom, and maintain a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.