Trends Writer- Fixed Term (9-12 months)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Bristol Post as a Trends & Advance Content Writer, based in Bristol. The main focus of the role will be to work online to produce interesting content and drive audience numbers.
Trinity Mirror Group, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six the thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
- Track major breaking stories in a fast-paced digital environment
- Provide to-the-minute audience feedback and content ideas
- Maximise opportunities for audience engagement and interaction
- Deliver six ‘30 day search plans’ (daily content around specific search terms as directed by Trends Analyst) per month
- Respond to commissions which react to real-time trends and searches by creating content around key terms as directed
- Contribute to the newsroom’s annual search terms planning calendar, and implement content plans to ensure maximum audience
- Ensure content is written with strong search engine optimisation in mind
- Monitor ideas around advance planning and SEO outside of the newsroom/company and recommend improvements
- Assist in general uploading, digital content creation and website management in line with established workflows or SLAs across brands as required
- Undertake company/editorial projects and any other duties from time to time as reasonably requested by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good writing skills and experience of writing for a digital audience
- Up-to-date media law knowledge
- Strong track record and excellent understanding in the use of SEO techniques
- Experience of using search analytics to identify digital audience and content trends
- Awareness and understanding of how people use the internet to find information
- Good understanding of how content is shared and promoted through social media
In addition to a competitive salary and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.