Video Producer (Manchester Evening News)
Manchester Evening News Video Producer
Competitive salary plus benefits
Do you want to work in one of the country's most vibrant newsrooms? We are already the largest regional website in the country and we want to get even bigger by bringing the highest standard of news, sport and what's-on video content to our readers.
Scope and purpose of the role:
Were looking for a video producer to create compelling content for our website and social media channels.
Youll be a creative self-starter with design skills and the ability to make the kind of videos that our audience wants to watch and share. Youll also have a deep understanding of social media and its value for sourcing and sharing your work.
Youll be someone who understands both long and short-form video content, with great ideas, the ability to tell a story through film and strong editing skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to spot opportunities for creating video content.
- Be able to tell a story effectively through video.
- Work alongside our news, sport and whats on departments to create compelling content.
- Be able to source video content from social media.
- Work on end-to-end production.
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Understand copyright and other legal issues around publishing video.
- Maintain a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
- Maintain the highest personal standards of professionalism and integrity at all times within the framework of current legislation and Trinity Mirrors editorial and company policies, and ensuring these standards are upheld across the newsroom.
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, as well as a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Experience filming on a range of cameras, from iPhones to DSLRs.
- Knowledge of and interest in news and sport.
- High publishing standards.
- Flexible approach to shifts.
- A deep understanding of how content is shared and promoted through social media.
The Manchester Evening News is part of Trinity Mirror, one of Britains largest digital publishers. The successful candidate will also work with other video editors across the group.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive base salary (depending on experience), 33 days holidays including bank holidays and a competitive pension, along with an extensive flexible benefits portfolio.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so dont delay in submitting your application. Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all.
We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.