What's on Writer (fixed term 6 months)
Get Reading and In Your Area are seeking a talented What’s on/Advanced Content Writer to join its existing team. This exciting role will work across our Get Reading site and will focus on delivering current, informative and captivating content for your Berkshire audience.
Trinity Mirror PLC, has an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one the UK’S largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without dedicated employees driving our business forward.
- Creatively implement and relay complex facts/stories into a readable and informative way that will get your audience talking
- Covering the biggest music festivals, including Reading Festival and hosting other cultural events that will entice a local community
- Generating and publishing SEO-focused content to drive search traffic
- Reviewing the town’s restaurants and acting as a guide for new bars and shops opening in Reading
- Confidently use social media as a tool to promote your stories and build a strong online community
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll have a good understanding of SEO and content trends
- Journalist qualification or 2 years relevant experience
- Ability to source, create and publish informative and accurate news that is interesting to the reader
- Possess an excellent understanding of which stories will interact well with your audience
- Full Driving Licence is essential
Trinity Mirror PLC has a strong benefits package
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Extensive benefits portfolio